Gratitude and Appreciation-What’s the Difference?
The attitude of Gratitude is a system of thought that is empowered by feelings of appreciation, love, joy and well being.
As I have become more sensitive and appreciate the subtle differences between frequencies I have found myself exploring the “feeling” differences between gratitude and appreciation. I found that often people use both words to convey their feelings of thankfulness to others. For example a person may say to another person, “Thank you for the birthday gift you gave me” or they may say, “I really do appreciate the birthday gift you gave me”. Both convey a feeling of being thankful and possibly valuing. However, during my research I have found there are subtle differences as the energies of gratitude and appreciation become activated and much to my surprise I have discovered and experienced a deeper, magical energy of gratitude. So, stay with me as I share what I know.
What is Gratitude? Well, I cannot fully define or understand it because it is a transcendence energy. But I can talk about the different components or faces of Gratitude. In this blog I will name seven of them and can expand further in future blogs.
- Thankfulness is often the feeling we feel where Gratitude begins. Most people have experienced a feeling of thankfulness in their lives, probably many times. They have felt thankful for the things they have and for the loved ones in their lives and for what they give to them. They know how thankfulness feels. However, in order to generate Gratitude we need to appreciate what we are thankful for. We then feel happiness.
- Joy is the second component and it emerges out of happiness. Happiness is meeting your needs while Joy is lifting beyond your needs to reaching for your preferences. It’s not about just being happy but letting it lift and become Joy or lift and become happiness again. The energy within the lift is the Gratitude. This energy is not static it flows back and forth between happiness and joy. Appreciate your Joy and appreciate your happiness.
- Creativity is the third component. Feeling creative and putting the feeling into action and responsibly creating your own reality. Being willing to receive not only what you have earned and deserve but also to be willing to received what others create for you. Appreciate it. Be grateful for what comes to you for no reason at all. Use your creativity to add something more to your happiness and Joy.
- Love, feeling loved. Feeling that you are loved. Not just knowing that you are loved. For many folks it takes a long time to get to the place of feeling they are loved. Putting that feeling into action of loving. What then happens here is an interesting spiral that just keeps bringing in the feeling of more love. That is a component of Gratitude. Feeling loving and being loving and taking the action of loving. Some folks are so caught up in thinking there is some ulterior motive involved that they are unable to accept and feel the love.
- Vulnerable, being vulnerable is also one of the faces of Gratitude. I must admit I felt vulnerable just hearing that piece. I felt I did not want to feel vulnerable. However, I now know it is an important piece, being vulnerable to myself and to those I love. Being vulnerable is becoming aware of where your ego is being most seductive. Learn how to recognize it…your weaknesses and from there you can also become aware of your strengths. Admitting your strengths is also being vulnerable. It can set you free, less likely to be manipulated. It is a choice. Appreciate feeling vulnerable.
- Understanding. Feeling that you understand. Feel it, like Wow! I get it up here in my head and I get it here in my heart. I am feeling it. Your body feels lifted and light and open to something more. You appreciate yourself. From this feeling of understanding you can then be in a place of being understanding. That too is a piece of Gratitude.
- Surrender. The willingness to surrender your sense of separateness from your Thankfulness, from your Joy, from your Creativity, from your Love, from your Vulnerability, and from your Understanding. Surrendering to the moment. However, none of these components or faces of Gratitude are Gratitude. Gratitude is an attitude, a space in the matrix. From this space in the matrix emerges this thing called Gratitude. It is an energy and each component radiates an energy that unite to form an exquisite attitude of energy that is greater than it’s parts/components/faces.
Several years ago I studied with Dr. Masaru Emoto, Author of Hidden Messages of Water. I was honored to experience and view the studies showing how projecting feelings of Love and Gratitude into water, that was then frozen and photographed, created beautiful images. I found that by meditating on this image feelings of Love and Gratitude were then then radiated out and I experienced feelings of well-being along with greater feelings of Love and Gratitude for myself and others. Much Love and Gratitude to Dr. Masaru Emoto for Certifying me and selecting me to be one of his Hado Instructors. (Hado is Japanese for energy)
Okay, are you ready? ……. for an exercise, ready to experience more Gratitude and Appreciation in your life. Take a moment or two to quiet yourself and find a comfortable space somewhere in the environment of where you are and begin gently and slowly breathing in and out through your chest area. Now click on my picture and join me as I guide you to gather the components of Gratitude, to lift your feelings of Thankfulness, Joy, Creativity, Love, Vulnerability, Understanding and Surrender and allowing your precious feelings to blend together, to lift into something more that is greater than the some of their parts. That something greater is the attitude of Gratitude. Very powerful and effective in improving all areas of your life, your health and well-being. Appreciate yourself as well as others. We are ready……
Gratitude with Appreciation Meditation
Did you know that when you feel, sincere feelings of Gratitude your brain produces dopamine and serotonin which are the feel good or bliss chemicals. These neurotransmitters then travel along your neural pathways to the center of your brain and you feel good in a similar way to antidepressants. Measuring someone’s Gratitude is quite possibly with today’s cutting edge science and technology. So, how exactly do you do that? Click Here
Learn a new, easy and natural way to manage your stress and bring more feelings of Thankfulness, Joy, Creativity and Love into your life.
Call me now at 302-678-1160 for a FREE, NO OBLIGATION 15 minute consultation. Share with me, tell me about your challenges and concerns. As I listen I will offer you information about my programs and tools that can change your life.
If unable to open Meditation Audio Link, please click on blog link below: http://blog.myheartwithin.com
For more information: http://www.myheartwithin.com
Much Gratitude with Appreciation to my mentor Lazaris of Concept Synergy for his Love and Wise Insights